Nexii releases first Sustainability and Impact Report
By: Stephen Sidwell, Nexii Chief Executive Officer
Gregor Robertson, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Partnerships
Zosia Brown, Vice President, Sustainability
We are publishing our inaugural Sustainability and Impacts report at a critical time for our world and industry. The latest Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report warns that it is “now or never” to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees. The report highlights urban migration as responsible for an increasing share of emissions, due in part to rising global activity levels in the building industry.
At Nexii, we are committed to reducing the climate impacts of buildings via our products and services, while also ensuring actionable, transparent, and accountable corporate commitments to keep our own carbon footprint in check as we grow. Our commitments are detailed in our Sustainability and Impact Report and focus on clear goals to maximize all of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) efforts and results.
Sustainability is at the very core of our mission to build a vibrant future for people and planet and is the number one reason our team is so driven to do what we do. Whether orienting our business towards net zero carbon pollution, eliminating waste across our products’ life cycle or providing sustainable, healthy environments for our communities, the Nexii team is 100% focused on making a tangible difference to our world.
Over the last two years, we are proud to report on a number of achievements, including:
- Committing to the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) Net Zero Carbon standard, WorldGBC Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, UN Global Compact and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Establishing an Integrated Technology Partnership program to collaborate with leading global technology powerhouses, such as Trane, Honeywell, Siemens and Pella, to deliver net zero carbon buildings and sustainable infrastructure
- Winning the Reuters Responsible Business Award in the Product Innovation category for our green building products, and Fast Company’s Innovation Award in the Urban Development category
We are proud of the work we have done to date but acknowledge we must continue to drive progress – and we pledge to do just that. Shaped by our Sustainability Council, with direct, significant stakeholder input, our commitments were created with the intention to be industry-leading, focused on four strategic pillars: Climate, Nature, People, and Community.
We aim to:
- Implement innovative and industry-leading carbon reduction initiatives
- Protect and support healthy ecosystems
- Develop a culture of safety, ethics and integrity – and expect the same of our partners
- Create a diverse and empowered workforce
- Partner with, develop and invest in our communities.
Each category has detailed and measurable targets that we will use to track our progress in years to come. All aspects of our company – from the Board of Directors to our employees to every plant and office – are included in our targets and measurements, and our progress will be monitored by our Sustainability Governance team.
Our report is just the beginning. We hold ourselves accountable to all our stakeholders – customers, partners, and investors – and will share progress against each commitment annually. We invite you to read our report to see the actions we are taking towards fulfilling our goals, mission, and vision to make our world better for all.