- Determined through third-party Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), versus conventional construction baseline such as steel stud, precast insulated, and tilt-up concrete, and averaged across projects modelled to date. Results may vary depending on embodied carbon data sources, modelling tool utilized and boundaries of the analysis (LCA modules)
- Third-party LCA modelling for Nexii’s EV charging infrastructure suggest a 45% reduction in embodied carbon compared to conventional commercial charging station baseline factoring in on-site disassembly and reuse, and up to a 95% reduction if the Nexii system is moved to a new location for a second life.
- Based on preliminary third-party LCA analysis, Nexiite has approximately 41% less carbon emissions during production than 45MPa adjusted Smooth-On premix Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) with polymer.
- Nexii envelopes typically provide a nominal R-value of R34 for a 10” thick panel, and effective R values in the high 20s, with ability to increase or decrease insulation depending on building typology and climate.
- Preliminary third-party LCA modelling for an industrial / warehouse building typology suggests Nexii’s industrial panel design uses approximately 60% less freshwater in manufacturing than the high-performance concrete tilt-up envelope equivalent.
- Operational energy and carbon savings compare Nexii design to an equivalent standard build meeting energy code compliant requirements. Projected savings vary depending on building typology, panel design, process energy loads and location.
- Current estimates provided are based on energy modelling with third-party review and averaged across Nexii projects to-date. Energy use is often driven by the tools and equipment specific to the business in the building – known as process loads. With these loads included energy savings average 24%, without, energy savings average 32%.
- Nexii’s whole building solution delivered with Integrated Technology Partners shows greater overall energy savings than the Nexii envelope alone.
- Our R&D team evaluate every new material that goes into a Nexii panel against the International Living Future Institute (ILFI)’s Living Building Challenge (LBC) Red List material Watch and Active lists. Nexiite itself contains zero Red List Materials.
- Version 2.3 of the Health Product Declaration (HPD) includes “Additional listings” section that reports when ingredients appear on key restricted substances lists, including the LBC Red List. As reported in Nexii’s 2023 HPDs (HPD Public Repository – March 2023), no LBC Red List ingredients appear in our panel products at >/ 1000pm concentration
Near Zero Waste
- Nexii’s whole building solution reduces on-site construction waste to near zero through a combination of precision manufacturing, flat-pack transportation, and on-site assembly.
- Nexii’s Squamish plant is TRUE Gold certified for zero waste as of March 2023.
Healthier Indoor Environment
- Upon construction completion, third-party blower door tests of Nexii buildings show air leakage rates 47-74% lower than conventional construction baseline (ASHRAE 90.1-2016), with an average of 57%. Nexii’s design permits fewer and improved air sealing details.